You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘amigurumi’ category.
(Actually, there were three other kits and I’m tempted to go back and buy them too.)
The label says りんご帽のくま which means something like “apple cap bear”.
kawaii ne? (cute, huh?)
I started to make a Rose Tyler to accompany Doctor Who number ten but then I though I would be a better companion (sad but true). Then I decided to make Kim and Ben dolls.
My boyfriend is overseas and I thought he would think these were funny (he did) so my secret project is revealed.
I finally got the hair/wig right on the Kim doll. For some reason the pattern didn’t really make sense too me before then it suddenly clicked.
I decided not to use stem stitch over the wig for hair strands but attach hair like tassels (time consuming) but I like the look better. Next time I will try Nys’s technique of using a sewing machine.
I was just wondering if a crochet person would be interested in testing my pattern for the Doctor Who bodies – I haven’t finished them yet, but I hope to put in some more work this weekend.
Because they are all made in one piece (the arms being the tricky bit), I want to make sure that my pattern is readable before I put it on my etsy shop.
Anyway, I could provide materials and give you a copy of the pattern and then see if it is understandable.
It might be a little while until I am done, but let me know if you might be interested. The main body piece should take less than an hour I think, and the hair is the main time consuming element, but that doesn’t really need testing unless you get enthused 🙂
I bought my Dalek in to Hawthorn today to show to fellow stitch n bitches and introduce him to the one made my Alison’s mother. It is so affirming to have others who appreciate the joy of stitching.
Howdy folks here is my nearly finished Dalek. Finally I have made one. I will bring him along and introduce him to the others in ISS! Hopefully they don’t try and take over the Library. He was fun to make and not as difficult as anticipated. Have a lovely crafty weekend!
Thanks to Nys for her advice on making the arms(!?)
Well since Kim posted up her in-progress Dalek, I thought I would add the Dr Who themed things which I have been working on tonight.
I’m making the TARDIS mainly as a photographic background for my tiny doctor who figures, but I’ve noted down the very simple pattern as I went and will probably put in on my blog in case anyone would like to crochet their own TARDIS – would be a good beginner pattern I guess.
I added the POLICE BOX sign this afternoon, and some stitching around the door, but it’s not quite finished yet I am quite proud of little Tom, his scarf was a challenge but worked out ok in the end 😀
It doesn’t look much like one yet but this is the progress I have made on the Dalek. I had to learn a couple of new stitches… fpsc and bpsc which involves going around the post of the stitch not under or through the stitches.
Kinda of tricky and I spent 30 minutes on the bus this morning getting it wrong and then it just clicked into place. Then I realised it was important to line up the stitches to get the required look. So had to pull a few rows undone. Usually I don’t worry too much about counting. My new stitch markers help keep me on track.
Pattern: amdowns on Etsy.
I am disappointed I can’t make the next stitch n bitch.